Saturday, June 03, 2017

Make Your Own Cushion Foundation (DIY Cushion Foundation)


Cushion right now is happening. This beauty innovation from Korea can attract beauty enthusiasts to (at least, just) try this product. The fact that cushion is more simple to use, it makes most girls would like it. And me too..
Now there are many brands offer this new invention in make up. Not only Korean brands, but western cosmetic brands also offer the cushion products. The products are also varied, from BB Cushion, CC Cushion, until Cushion Foundation. There are literally a lot to choose. Hmm.. Perhaps, are you too confused to choose between all of them even after search for the reviews? I got the idea, why don't we make our own Cushion? So, here it is, I'm gonna show you how..

The first thing you need is a Cushion case. I have one that I bought at Althea, a Korean beauty e-commerce that ships to Indonesia (as well as Malaysia and some Southeast Asian countries). I got it from "It's My" brand for only around IDR 60.000. It's super cheap, I know. Other Korean brand I know that also sell Cushion is Innisfree. Innisfree has hundreds of cute Cushion case that you can choose what you like but the price is a little higher than It's My Cushion case. I bought this Cushion case around a year ago before Innisfree sells their new Cushion case.


It's My Cushion case have some choices of colors and design, but I choose this black, because it's just simple and elegant. This Cushion case is included with the container, sponge, and its puff. So, you don't need to buy it separately. From what I know, the new Cushion case from Innisfree has separate the container and the case, so we have to buy it separately.


Since it's DIY, the other things you need are your own cosmetics. This time, I fill the Cushion case with Foundation and Steam Cream. You can customize it yourself. I've done some other formulas; such as BB Cream + Sunscreen + Essence, or CC Cream + Sunscreen + Moisturizer/Serum. Actually, if you add Sunscreen nor Moisturizer or Serum, you can minimize the time of layering the skincare. So, you don't need to apply Sunscreen or Moisturizer before. It safes your time!

I use Revlon Colorstay Foundation for normal/oily skin which has a matte result, but I like to do a dewy make up (but the fact that I have an oily/combination skin). Then I added the Steam Cream that contains Argan Oil from Secret Key. I really like to use this Steam Cream as my moisturizer, actually. However, the Steam Cream also fits perfectly with my Foundation. It creates a perfect dewy finish without getting too oily, since I use a matte Foundation.

Here are the steps:

  1. Release the container from the case
  2. Fill up the container with Foundation and Steam Cream without removing the sponge. Ration 2:1 for the Foundation.
  3. Mix and stir, both the Foundation and Steam Cream with cotton buds. Then push them until it disappears from the surface (see picture number 4).
  4. Ready to apply!

I used to remove sponge and insert the cosmetics in but in the end, the foundation didn't pop out well on the puff. However, after I fill it without removing the sponge out, the Foundation will appear fully in the puff like the picture above.


Don't forget to check the consistency of the DIY Cushion Foundation you made. Honestly, the Foundation that I have (Revlon Colorstay Foundation) has the high coverage; however, if it's turned into Cushion, it doesn't have high coverage anymore since I've been mixed it with the Steam Cream. But it's perfect for daily use anyway.

So, do you want to make your own Cushion like me?

I hope my post is helpful and happy trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts about this post, I'm happy to see it ;)