REVIEW: Senka Perfect Watery Oil

perfect watery oil

I'm back with the review, and this time, I'm gonna be reviewing my current makeup remover that I've bought in Taiwan last time. I think this product is not available in Indonesia, but do some of the beauty bloggers here also review this product. If you aren't familiar yet with this product, better continue reading this post. :p

This is one of Senka products, a brand from Shiseido Japan. The packaging comes in a blue, I'm not sure what kind of blue it is, but you can tell it by seeing the picture below.

senka

The price is quite affordable compare to Shiseido, which is....expensive. We know, Shiseido is pricey, but the quality is *star* *star* *star* *star*. I bought this product in Taiwan and it's so much easier to find, I can find it in almost all the drugstores there. It's literally everywhere. Unfortunately, this is not available in Indonesia (yet).

perfect watery oil

It's coming in 230ml, quite much, isn't it? The packaging is simple and designed with a pump, with a small clip-lock and to prevent leaking. It's pretty safe because the clip helps to hold the pump being squeezed unintendedly.

perfect watery oil

The back side of the packaging is all written in Japan, and I can't understand any :( but..don't worry, I got the list ingredients from Skin Charisma. The website is pretty useful to understand each ingredient, so go check that out.

Ingredients:
Mineral Oil, PEG-8 Glyceryl Isostearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Isostearic Aci, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Water, Fragrance, Alcohol, BHT, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sericin, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Silk

perfect watery oil texture

The texture is as it says, watery oil. It's just a perfect combination of oil and water. It's an oil, but more liquidy and not like a water.

This Perfect Watery Oil Make Up Remover has been my first oil makeup remover ever. That's why, the first time I used it, I feel like it's too sticky, just like I made a mistake putting something strange on to my face. LOL. But it's great, it can remove all my makeup gently. FYI, my everyday makeup is only putting bb cream, matte lipstick, and face powder. But I've tried it to remove my waterproof gel liner, my mascara, and eyebrow. It's still working great.

Let's see how it works...

perfect watery oil
perfect watery oil
perfect watery oil

However, I think by using this my skin gets a lot of acne. I've just barely realized. And I'm now struggling to remove all of it (just kidding, it's not that much. But it's more than I've had before). As I have an oily skin, and I know it's actually wrong to put an oil makeup remover onto my face. My skin becomes more oily, especially when I wake up in the morning. So, after I realized that this product is actually causing more of my skin problems, I take my previous makeup remover straightaway.


Overview:
+ Removes makeup gently
+ Removes make up even a waterproof
+ Only rub gently for seconds, makeup will completely gone
+ Only need a small amount for the entire face
- Not suitable for oily skin
- Cause more oily
- Cause break out

Overall:
2 out of 5

This Senka Perfect Watery Oil is not for my skin. It doesn't mean that it won't work on your skin as well. It still depends on what your skin is. I think, this one best for dry skin type. So, if you are the one, you can try it. It does a pretty good job actually!

2 comments

I like to hear your thoughts! So, don't hesitate to comment :)