Thursday, 31 August 2017

REVIEW: NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Liquid Foundation in Nude


Two days ago I've just shared you some products of NYX and today I'm gonna give a quick review of NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Foundation. Sorry if the pictures are the same like the previous post. I will update it as soon as I take other photos. Let's just jump to the product.

This product comes with tube in 1.18 fl. oz or 35 ml. It's quite a lot compares to my other foundation (Revlon Colorstay Foundation, 30 ml). At first, I thought this foundation is small and I didn't thought it has a little more ml in it. But it is, the tube is quite small. I have mine in shade nude.

As I told in previous post, I have a light skin with neutral undertone. This foundation is for light skin and warm/golden undertone. So, it's a little too yellow on me. It doesn't matter since my other foundation has a pink undertone. I can mix both foundation to get a neutral undertone.

The consistency of this foundation is liquid, as you can tell. The thing I don't like about it is the product gets easy to leak. If you don't store it well or probably you unintendedly shake the product, when you open it, you will found out the product is leaked. Better to store it upside down, I would say.

This foundation is for oily/oily-combination skin. My skin condition right now is normal. So, this product is a little bit dry on my skin. It looks a little cakey if I look closer to the mirror even after I apply moisturizer. I guess, this foundation is best mixed with my steam cream. You know that Korean tips to make a glowy look by mixing foundation with a steam cream or oil. Since it makes me look a little cakey on my normal (with a little oil), if you have an oily skin it will help you.

Once you squeeze the product on hand, you need to apply it immediately to your face. This foundation gets easily dry, really. I hate it. You don't need much time, then! However, this foundation is light. Even after you apply 2 or 3 layers, it doesn't feel heavy at all. That's a good thing :)

Here is my overall review:
+ Good for oily skin
+ Light
+ Match your skin (if your undertone is warm)
- Easy to get leak
- Easy to get dry

Score:
2.5/5

This foundation is for light skin with golden/warm undertone

I don't know, probably my skin gets better right now so this foundation doesn't suit me. I used to have an oily skin and now my skin is normal. I rarely get oily. That's why I give the score only 2.5. However, this foundation is actually great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts about this post, I'm happy to see it ;)