OOTD: Winter-inspired for Tropical Girl


Welcome back! I managed to post a fashion post (finally, sigh) after awhile. The photos were taken several months ago, back in the last Eid Fitr. I know it's too long, I intended to post it as my Eid Fitr outfit actually, but I think it's too late. But this might inspire you if you kinda obsess with 4 seasons countries, or pretending that you live in a 4 season country.

I live in a tropical country, which means the sun appears all year round. No spring, summer, autumn, nor winter, just summer dry and rainy season. However, it makes us can't wear those winter outfits. We can't, it's too hot here. When it comes to rain, sweaters and parkas are stylish enough to wear. We don't know what coat is.

So, here I made a solution for the ones who are in love with winter outfit but doesn't want to be looked too much or suffering from the heat...


The key to wear a winter-inspired outfit in this look is the tights. In winter, tights is one of the essential items of the female. I paired the tights with a vintage pleated midi skirt and a bell sleeve top.

The color I choose is more like earthy tone in this #ootd. A khaki brown top and pale blue for the skirt (with a touch of floral). To match the skirt, I choose a scarf in the same color. Also, the brown vintage Keds that matches to the top. I think it's like dual tone outfit, brown-blue become the only color.

Here are the details...


Anyway, the top is self-made, special for the Eid Fitr. I like to sew my own clothes recently. By sewing it myself, I don't have to complain to the tailor if the measurement doesn't fit. LOL.

I also have some tips for you if you wanna dress like in winter while in summer without feeling hot.
Tips:

  • Make sure the clothes you wear is comfortable enough. Even though this is a winter-inspired look, doesn't mean we have to wear thick clothes.
  • Good idea if there is a light coat or any other winter fashion items but in a light version. You can also wear it to make it look like winter.

So, that's all my #ootd post, I wish it can help you who are looking for a style inspo. Ciao!

2 comments

  1. I feel youuu! When the rain pours down, I feel like covering up but then sometimes it's also hot haha. Really like your top, it's cool you made it yourself:)

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear your thoughts! So, don't hesitate to comment :)